Thursday 25 July 2013

Travel 8 - Bangladesh - Amazing Photo


I have just discovered this photo in documentation found from my recent stay in Bangladesh.  It is a wonderful example of the political situation found in Dhaka today (Mentioned in my Travel 7 post earlier), whenever there is a hartal (strike).

The attacker (terrorist/anarchist) is a member of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party's youth wing, attacking a group of policemen huddled in a shop doorway.  It is quite noticeable that the police are wearing protective clothing and carrying weapons including a rifle and tear gas guns.  I can only assume, from my experience, that the police either do not have ammunition for their weapons, or they are obeying an order not to shoot.


Opposition Youth Attacking Police
NEW AGE Newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment